Accepting Donations!

Donate to a worthy cause!

Please please please?

Ask The Oculatum

Enter your question and receive the wisdom of the Occulatum. You may pose your question in any way that feels appropriate. The answer will come in the form of a small pop up. Try it - your life just might change for the better!

This script brought to you by JAVAFILE.COM

Cool Quote

  • We all - “We all not only could know everything. We do. We just tell ourselves we don't to make it all bearable.” ~Neil Gaiman

Support This Site

Shop Amazon through this link, and support this site. Thanks!!

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger Tutorials

Visitors

Facebook Fans

AddThis Feed Button

What is Feng Shui?

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

I found this definition of Feng Shui from Wikipedia:

Feng shui is a Chinese belief system involving a mix of geographical, religious, philosophical, mathematical, aesthetic, and astrological ideas. It literally means "wind (feng) and water (shui)", and is not simply a decorating style, but a discipline with guidelines compatible with many different decorating styles.

Feng shui (pronounced "fung shway") is the ancient Chinese practice of placement and arrangement of space to achieve harmony with the environment. The literal translation is "wind and water".

The source of the term is purported to come from the Burial Book written by Guo Pu in the Jin Dynasty. Qi (or Chi) rides the wind and stops when it meets the boundary of water....

... I am so sorry to do this to you, but this post has been moved to my new website, The Prosperity Project, hosted at shirleytwofeathers.com, and can be found in its entirety here: What is Feng Shui?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

To be in harmony with nature... Now that's an interesting thought, because I am sitting here looking out my window at nature, wondering if there really IS harmony out there.. or if it is an illusion or an idea that we have made up in our heads.

Or.. is it rather the idea of being in harmony with the "laws" of nature.. that seems more true to me. Nature is inexorable.. unrelenting.. impersonal.. dangerous and deadly.. and at the same time it is our nurturer and sustainer. The God and the Goddess. I think it would be a really good idea to stay in harmony with that!!

If I look outside and try to find harmony in the bits and pieces of nature that I see - there is none -all I see is a drive to live, to survive, to reach up for the sun, and down for the water.. to cling to the earth.. to breathe the sweet (hopefully) air.. It's all about being alive for one small moment.. and then being the food..

I don't know where I am going with this.. if I am going to have long philosophecal ramblings about nature, then I probably really ought to do that outside.. sitting on the ground.. and being quiet inside myself.. but I won't because its chilly out and the ground is cold and wet and muddy.. and I have things to do, places to go, people to be.

Related Posts with Thumbnails