Accepting Donations!

Donate to a worthy cause!

Please please please?

Ask The Oculatum

Enter your question and receive the wisdom of the Occulatum. You may pose your question in any way that feels appropriate. The answer will come in the form of a small pop up. Try it - your life just might change for the better!

This script brought to you by JAVAFILE.COM

Cool Quote

  • We all - “We all not only could know everything. We do. We just tell ourselves we don't to make it all bearable.” ~Neil Gaiman

Support This Site

Shop Amazon through this link, and support this site. Thanks!!

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger Tutorials

Visitors

Facebook Fans

AddThis Feed Button

Declutter - Let's go for it!

Friday, February 02, 2007

Ok you guys, we are almost done with our 3o days of de cluttering. How about let's move the rest of it on out.

Here's a great idea I found at sketchblogs. The idea is to slowly but surely remove 200 things from your house. Either throw them away, or give them away, or put them up for sale on eBay or in a garage sale. As you do this, the idea is to keep track with a list so that you know just how many more things still need to go. I think it would be really fun if we keep track of our list by posting right here on this specific post. I'll make a link for us, and put it somewhere easy to see and remember. As the year progresses, we can keep track of how well we are doing.

Another idea I found somewhere was a kind of "out with the old and in with the new". The concept being that before you can bring something new into the house, room must be made for it by releasing 2 or 3 items that you no longer need. In this way, you are not sabotaging your own efforts at a clutter free home.

Another cool place to visit for good information is Zen Habits. There were some great ideas on de-cluttering there, and I urge you all to go and visit. He also has a nice little list of links as well, all on the subject of de-cluttering.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok. I'm in. I love the idea of having a place to keep track of my 200 things. If it was a list, it would somehow get lost. This is great, it gives me an incentive to continue to simplify and declutter. Anybody going to join me?

I am starting right now by getting rid of 4 cassette tapes.

Anonymous said...

Okay, here goes -
1. Some musical items left here by a friend who lives in another state - getting mailed TODAY.
2. Some miscellaneous items I have been meaning to send to my sister who lives in another state - getting mailed TODAY.
198 to go!

Anonymous said...

Well the other day I got rid of a book, but I'm not sure that it counts because someone gave it to me and I kept it for about an hour and then gave it away.. so maybe that doesn't count.

And then last night I threw away a large box full of old papers and stuff. So that qualifies for sure. I now have only 195 things to go...

Anonymous said...

Ok.. I'm making good progress this week. I threw away 2 old space heaters, an old radio that didn't work, a perfectly good but totally grungy coffee maker, a mildewed rug, and several boxes of junk, and an old metal cabinet. I gave away 2 containers of kitty litter (I don't have a cat) and a file cabinet.

That adds up to let me see.... 12 items.. cool! I'm now down to 183 items to go.

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I totally suck at this! I just keep accumulating more and more stuff... theoretically for a garage sale at Michelle's house... and by the time we are ready to do that sale, I will have 200 things for it, but they won't be 200 things LESS than when the 200 things project started... probably as I have accumulated those 200 things for the garage sale, I have managed to find and KEEP 200 more... so ... YIKES! I'm going backwards on this instead of forwards!

Related Posts with Thumbnails